Recipe by Derf
Moist, delicious and attractive and so easy to make. From Company's comming
Top Review by Cabcere
Great recipe - very easy to make, and quite tasty! :) I didn't have any sharp cheddar, so I used medium this time, which made for a bit blander taste than I would prefer - next time I'll probably go for sharp cheddar, or maybe add a bit of cayenne pepper or something to spice it up. All in all, though, this is definitely something I'd make again. Thanks for the recipe, Derf!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheese (, your choice, we like sharp cheddar)
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and cheese in large bowl.
- Stir thoroughly.
- Add milk and melted butter.
- Stir to form soft dough.
- Put in greased loaf pan 9 x 5 x 3 inch.
- Bake in 400 degree oven for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from pan to cool.
- Serve with butter.