1/1 Photo of Cheese(Less) Cake (Raw Foods)
4 hrs 20 mins
Found this on RawFoodHealthShow.com with Paul and Andrea Nison. Served it to a bunch of omnivores and they loved it! The vegetarians were THRILLED! I'm sharing here so I don't lose track of it. It was too good to not do again! The four hours 'cooking' time is the time in the freezer and refrigerator to set up the "cake".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened if you can find it
- 1/2 cup dates, seedless (that is about 8 Medjool dates)
- 2 cups whole almonds, drained (soaked in water for a few hours or overnight)
- 3 cups raw cashews, drained (soaked in water for a few hours or overnight)
- 1/2 cup dates, seedless
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup raw honey
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- sea salt (I used about 3/4 tsp)
- 1 -2 ounce water, if needed
- 1In a spring-form pan (9 or 10 inch), sprinkle the coconut evenly (this will help you remove the slices later.
- 2Process the dates and drained almonds together in food processor. Put the mixture in the spring-form pan and pat down evenly, all the way to the edges. Then set aside. This is your "crust".
- 3Combine the drained cashews, dates, lemon juice, honey coconut oil, vanilla and sea salt in food processor until a smooth paste. Adjust salt level if necessary. Spread this mixture out on top of your "crust." This is your filling. Set aside.
- 4Next in a blender or Vita Mix combine the strawberries, honey and water. Mix til smooth. Pour this mixture over the "filling". Spread evenly to the edges. Place this in the freezer for at least 2 hours to set up. After that it can go in the fridge until serving time. Cutting while the "cake" is still frosty, is a big help.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese(Less) Cake (Raw Foods)
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 599.2
- Calories from Fat 378
- Total Fat 42.0 g
- Saturated Fat 16.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 13.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 36.7 g
- Protein 10.9 g