Recipe by AniSarit
Extremely delicious!! The use of farmer cheese, not cottage cheese is what makes this special.
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 8 ounces farmer cheese
- 3 tablespoons Smart Balance light butter spread, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup matzo meal
- canola oil, for frying
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the eggs and sugar for a few minutes until pa;e and somewhat increased in volume.
- Beat in the farmer cheese.
- Add the butter, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Slowly stir in enough matzo meal to make a batter that holds together.
- In a skillet, heat oil, and drop the batter by tablespoonfuls into the hot oil.
- Flatten the pancakes slightly with the back of a spoon, and fry for 3-4minutes on each side.
- Don't crowd the pan. Add more oil if needed.
- Drain the latkes on paper towels and serve sprinkled with cinnamon.
- Sour cream and/or jam is a great accompaniment.