Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Extremely delicious!! The use of farmer cheese, not cottage cheese is what makes this special.
Make and share this Cheese Latkes (For Passover) recipe from Food.com.
- Beat the eggs and sugar for a few minutes until pa;e and somewhat increased in volume.
- Beat in the farmer cheese.
- Add the butter, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Slowly stir in enough matzo meal to make a batter that holds together.
- In a skillet, heat oil, and drop the batter by tablespoonfuls into the hot oil.
- Flatten the pancakes slightly with the back of a spoon, and fry for 3-4minutes on each side.
- Don't crowd the pan. Add more oil if needed.
- Drain the latkes on paper towels and serve sprinkled with cinnamon.
- Sour cream and/or jam is a great accompaniment.