Extremely delicious!! The use of farmer cheese, not cottage cheese is what makes this special.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat the eggs and sugar for a few minutes until pa;e and somewhat increased in volume.
- 2Beat in the farmer cheese.
- 3Add the butter, vanilla extract, and salt.
- 4Slowly stir in enough matzo meal to make a batter that holds together.
- 5In a skillet, heat oil, and drop the batter by tablespoonfuls into the hot oil.
- 6Flatten the pancakes slightly with the back of a spoon, and fry for 3-4minutes on each side.
- 7Don't crowd the pan. Add more oil if needed.
- 8Drain the latkes on paper towels and serve sprinkled with cinnamon.
- 9Sour cream and/or jam is a great accompaniment.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese Latkes (For Passover)
Serving Size: 1 (541 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 46.4
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 47.8 mg
- Sodium 420.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 3.7 g