Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Slob in the Kitchen
- 1⁄2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- cayenne pepper
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add the cheese, cayenne, salt, and cereal. Mix with a spoon until incorporated.
- Drop the dough by teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet and then flatten the dough with a fork. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until the biscuits are set but not browned. Cool on a wire rack and serve.
I made these yesterday but did have a little trouble with them. Once I mixed everything together the mixture was still quite dry and couldn't be spooned onto a tray. I ended up adding a beaten egg to the mix to help it combine a little better & that seemed to work. I dropped the spoonfuls on the tray & cooked them up and they were really nice. The kids at playgroup seemed to really enjoy them. A great way to use up leftover cereal too!