Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
You will find these all over the south - some recipes call for the Tabasco, and some don't, but personally I like the SPICE :) I also like to use extra sharp cheddar cheese because the cheese is the main flavor of the cracker
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 lb sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, ground
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal
- Combine butter and cheese.
- Add flour, salt, Tabasco, and cayenne.
- Add cereal last, as to not crush up too much.
- Roll dough into small balls, and flatten slightly on ungreased baking sheet.
- Cook for 15 minutes at 400°F.
- Store in an airtight container - these freeze well.