Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Savory little cookies that go well with a Bloody Mary drink.
- 1 cup hard margarine, softened
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup pecan halves (optional)
- Cream margarine and cheese. Add flour, salt and pepper. Stir cereal in by hand. Shape into small balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten each ball with a fork. Top with pecan half if desired. Bake at 300°F for 20 minutes. Store tightly covered. Freezes well. Yield: 6 dozen.
- Louisiana Entertains.
I'm rating this based on my experience with this recipe due to the fact that I thought they were to "floury" (if that's a word). It didn't seem to come together right. I had such high hopes. I will try this again, because it's possible that I may have screwed up somewhere along the way. Love the concept and will post back when I try again. Thanks for the idea. (Made for My 3 Chefs)