Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Kreplach are a type of small, filled, savory pastry, usually boiled. They are similar in form to won-tons, but the flavor is quite different. Kreplach are typically filled with meat. These are filled with cheese and are baked. From: So eat, my darling, by Naf Avnon
- 3 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄4 lb cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 lb cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine all filling ingredients. Set aside.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix sour cream, eggs, and butter. Combine two ingredient mixtures.
- Roll dough on floured surface to 1/8 inch. Cut into 4 inch squares, put 1 T. filling on each, fold and pinch edges.
- Place kreplach on greased sheet, and bake 30-35 minutes until golden brown.
This is a lovely, little pastry. It's a little bland, however. Next time I may try it with flavoured cream cheese. My family enjoyed it.