Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 2 packages active dry yeast
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 7 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 2 -3 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- Combine all ingredients of cheese filling and blend in food processor, refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt, cut in butter until crumbly.
- Stir in yeast, eggs, and whipping cream.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface, knead until smooth, about 2-3 minutes- place in a greased bowl, turn greased side up.
- Cover, refrigerate until firm- 6 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees, roll out dough, on sugared or floured surface to 1/8 inch thickness.
- Cut into 2 1/2 inch squares.
- Spoon 1 tsp.
- of cheese filling in center of each square.
- Bring two opposite corners to center, pinch to seal.
- Wet fingertips with a little bit of water.
- Fold sealed tip to one side, pinch to seal.
- Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned.