Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Years ago a friend use to make these whenever my boyfriend (now DH for 34 years) would be invited to dinner. Very inexpensive and the kids loved them growing up (without the tomato). I always served them with tomato soup. Quick and easy.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper
- 6 hamburger buns
- 12 slices tomatoes
- 12 slices American cheese
- Split hamburger buns and toast in oven till lightly brown.
- Fry ground beef, till no longer pink, drain.
- Add tomato sauce, parmesan cheese and salt/pepper. Mix well.
- Divide meat mixture evenly among buns, top each with a tomato slice and a cheese slice.
- Broil till cheese is melted. Watch closely can burn quickly.
I used ground chuck and the Parmesan/romano cheese mixture. This was good but it was a little bland on the seasonings side as is. I love the concept though. I will make this again but add a little garlic powder or chopped onions to the meat mixture. Made for Potluck 09'
This was so simple and very quick to make..not to mention budget friendly. I read the other reviews and took some advice from them. I added some garlic,onion and italian seasoning with a few chilli flakes to my mixture,along with a generous dash of salt and pepper seasoning.This made for a tasty and filling meal. Thanks Teresa-Made for Gimme Five.
Quick, simple and delicious. The only adjustment I made was I added a dash Italian seasoning,this is great for a weekday quick dinner, when you do not feel like cooking for a long time. There ready in no time. Great recipe !