Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
If you like cheese with your eggs, then this is a good breakfast casserole to make. The recipe can easily be cut in half. Use a 9 inch square pan and cook appromimately 30 minutes. This is such a good meal for anytime of day and tastes great too!
- 2 lbs grated cheese
- 1 (7 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 lb cooked crumbled bacon
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 dozen egg
- Mix cheese, green chilies, bacon and onion.
- Pour into 9 X 13 casserole dish.
- Beat eggs.
- Pour over cheese mixture (The eggs will virtually disappear into this).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
I made a half-recipe of this and actually cooked it in an 11 x 7 inch pan. I used low sodium bacon. Easy and delicious.