Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Cute little halloween rolls.
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope Fleischmann's active dry yeast
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄3 cup cheese sauce mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 (8 ounce) jar cheese sauce
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- In a large bowl, combine 1 3 / 4 cups flour, sugar, undissolved yeast, salt, and cheese powder.
- Heat milk and cheese sauce until very warm
- Gradually add to dry ingredients.
- Beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Add egg and 1 cup flour; beat 2 minutes at high speed.
- Stir in enough remaining flour to make a stiff dough.
- Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cover; let rest 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into 5 equal pieces; set aside a 1-inch square from each.
- Roll each piece to oval to resemble a pumpkin.
- With side of wooden spoon, make 4 symmetrical curved creases from top to bottom.
- Place 1-inch square on top of pumpkin as stem.
- Place on greased baking sheets.
- Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Brush surface with egg white; sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Bake at 375° F for 20 to 25 minutes or until done.
- Remove from sheets; cool on wire racks.