Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A freind introduced me to this ever so simple recipe that is always a hit with the whole family! If you want to change it up a bit try using some of the "flavored" cheese its - like the spicy ones.
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1 (1 lb) box Cheez-It crackers, crushed
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- Put the sour cream into a large bowl.
- Add the chicken strips and mix well to coat with the sour cream.
- Roll the chicken strips in the crushed Cheese Its. Coat them well.
- Place the strips on a baking sheet with a rim and drizzle the butter over them.
- Bake in a 350F degree oven for 25-30 minutes.
These were very good! I used chicken tenderloins and just cut them in half lengthwise. I did decrease the recipe down to serve 1 for our appetizer night and got 6 good fingers for the two of us. These are really easy to prepare. I just threw the crackers in a sandwich size zip lock bag and used a rolling pin to get them crushed. We did feel that they left a dry after taste. I served them with three different sauces for dipping, bbq, honey mustard and sweet and sour. I liked the bbq with it DH enjoyed his with the sweet and sour. Neither of us really cared for the honey mustard. Thanks for posting. Made for Spring PAC 2011.