Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Using the ever popular Mason jars would show this off nicely. Adapted from "One Good Dish" by David Tanis.
- 1⁄2 lb fresh goat cheese or 1⁄2 lb mild feta cheese
- 3 -5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 -5 sprigs fresh rosemary, tender tips
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 1⁄4 teaspoon peppercorn
- 1 cup olive oil, approximately
- Slice the cheese into 2-inch chunks. Carefully layer the cheese in a clean jar or glass bowl, adding the thyme sprigs, rosemary sprigs, bay leaf, garlic and peppercorns as you go.
- Pour over enough olive oil to cover. Seal tightly and refrigerate for at least several days before serving. This keeps, refrigerated, for up to 1 month.