Recipe by **Mandy**
This is another from Ainsley Harriott's Gourmet Express 1, sounds like pure comfort food!
Top Review by Polly_Waffle_Kid
These were fantastic!!!! I made these for a sunday lunch when my brother and I were starving and mum bought the ingredients home from shopping. The potato was fantastic once mixed with the mustard and ham and it was like mashed potato, yet in the form of a whole potato! I didnt change the recipe at all, although im not a big fan of ham usually I still did use it and enjoyed it a lot!!! Thanx for the wonderful recipe Mandy! Made for "make my recipe tag game ed'n 8"
- 4 jacket potatoes, cooked
- knob butter
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 eggs, separated
- 100 g smoked mozzarella cheese, diced
- 75 g honey-roasted ham, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons chives, snipped
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven temp to 180.C.
- Cut a 1cm slice off the top of each potato & scoop out the flesh to leave a 5mm thick shell.
- Mash the flesh with the butter, mustard & egg yolks, stir in the cheese, ham, chives & salt & pepper.
- Whisk the egg whites until fairly stiff & fold into the potato mixture. Pile back into potato shells & bake for 20 mins until puffed & lightly browned.