1/1 Photo of Cheese, Herb & Tomato Tart
Chicagoland Chef du Jour's Note:
I made this to take to a dinner party. Not only is it easy, it is super yummy and beautiful! Using a tart pan with removable sides make for a nicer presentation. Combing the two cheeses works best, but you can use one or the other. Don't be tempted to add more cheese than suggested, it will be too thick with cheese and changes the outcome, IMO.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425°.
- 2Roll crust to fit a tart pan with removable bottom or in a pinch, use a pie plate.
- 3Brush bottom & sides of crust with mustard.
- 4Sprinkle with cheese, top with herbs, overlap tomatoes, sprinkle tomato slices with salt and pepper, drizzle with olive oil.
- 5Bake until pastry is golden, about 30-35 minutes.
- 6Lest rest for 10 minutes before serving. Cut into wedges.
- 8•Pillsbury rolled crust works beautifully.
- 9•any spicy stone ground mustard will work.
- 10•I cut the tops off the tomatoes and used a melon baller to scoop out the seeds.
- 11•I used both cheeses.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese, Herb & Tomato Tart
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 257.3
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 29.2 mg
- Sodium 325.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 9.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: