Recipe by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
I made this as part of a housewarming basket for friends and they loved it. (I used all cheddar cheese) It smells wonderful baking too.
Top Review by suncalc
I really didn't care much for this recipe. The swiss cheese added an over sharp almost bitter flavor. And the addition of thyme was really out of place. Overall, I give this one a pass.
- 828.06 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml shredded swiss cheese
- 118.29 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 7.39 ml dried oregano
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 2.46 ml dried thyme
- 7.39 ml salt
- 473.18 ml non-alcoholic beer or 473.18 ml regular beer
- 59.14 ml vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F Grease and flour a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Mix together flour, cheeses, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, oregano, parsley, thyme and salt.
- In a small bowl, combine beer and oil.
- Make a well in center of flour mixture.
- Add beer all at once, tossing with fork until dry ingredients are just moistened.
- Spread batter in prepared pan; smooth top.
- Bake bread until golden and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 50-55 minutes.
- Transfer pan to wire rack to cool for 15 minutes.
- Note: Keep in mind darker beers, like ales and stouts, are more flavorful than light.