1/3 Photos of Cheese Herb Beer Bread
1 hr 5 mins
Marg (CaymanDesigns)'s Note:
I made this as part of a housewarming basket for friends and they loved it. (I used all cheddar cheese) It smells wonderful baking too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 828.06 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml shredded swiss cheese
- 118.29 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 7.39 ml dried oregano
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 2.46 ml dried thyme
- 7.39 ml salt
- 473.18 ml non-alcoholic beer or 473.18 ml regular beer
- 59.14 ml vegetable oil
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F Grease and flour a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- 2Mix together flour, cheeses, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, oregano, parsley, thyme and salt.
- 3In a small bowl, combine beer and oil.
- 4Make a well in center of flour mixture.
- 5Add beer all at once, tossing with fork until dry ingredients are just moistened.
- 6Spread batter in prepared pan; smooth top.
- 7Bake bread until golden and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 50-55 minutes.
- 8Transfer pan to wire rack to cool for 15 minutes.
- 9Note: Keep in mind darker beers, like ales and stouts, are more flavorful than light.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese Herb Beer Bread
Serving Size: 1 (66 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 327.5
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 13.6 mg
- Sodium 709.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 9.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: