Recipe by Julie B's Hive
Heart shaped molds nice but not an absolute must for this light and airy dessert.
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) container low fat cottage cheese
- 2⁄3 cup low-fat unsweetened yogurt
- 1 medium egg white
- 2 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 1 -2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- rose-scented geranium leaves (to garnish) (optional)
- 8 ounces strawberries
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened orange juice
- 2 -3 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Line 4 heart-shaped molds or ramekins with clean cheesecloth. Place a strainer over a mixing bowl and using the back of a metal spoon, press the cottage cheese through. Mix in the unsweetened yogurt.
- Whisk the egg white until stiff peaks form. Fold into the cheeses, along with the superfine sugar and vanilla extract.
- Place the molds on a wire rack set over a baking pan. Spoon the cheese mixture into the molds and smooth over the tops. Let chill for 1 hours or until firm and well drained.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. Wash the berries under cold running water. Reserve a few for garnish, and hull and chop the remainder. Place the strawberries in a blender of food processor with the orange juice and process until smooth. Mix with the confectioners' sugar, adjust taste. Cover and chill until the sauce is needed.
- Remove the cheese hearts from the molds and transfer to serving plates. Remove the cheesecloth and decorate with the geranium leaves and serve with the sauce.