Recipe by Vino Girl
Other fillings can be used, and these can be made ahead by wrapping and freezing before reaching the baking step. When ready to serve, defrost the log, and continue with the recipe by slicing and baking as directed. From Kraft foods "Food & Family" magazine.
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 0.5 (17 1/4 ounce) package frozen puff pastry
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 8 slices shaved ham
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Beat egg and water with wire whisk until blended.
- Unfold pastry on lightly floured surface.
- Roll into 14x10-inch rectangle; cut in half lengthwise.
- Brush both pastry halves lightly with some of the egg mixture.
- Sprinkle 3 tablespoons of the cheese and the pepper evenly over 1 of the pastry pieces; cover with ham slices.
- Place remaining pastry piece, egg side down, over ham.
- Brush with additional egg mixture.
- Roll gently with rolling pin to seal.
- Roll the long side inward to make 14-inch log.
- Cut into 24 slices.
- Place, cut side down, on parchment-covered baking sheet.
- Brush with remaining egg mixture; sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoons cheese.
- Bake 12 to 14 minute or until golden brown.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.