Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
anyone like ham and cheese alot, this recipe is the cheese buns you buy in the store (Except homemade) taken up a step by adding ham. It's yummy having the ham rolled in w/ the cheese, simple too. Actually to make it even easier if you have a breadmaker make a 2pd loaf on dough cycle and use that, saves seven steps. I found this online and am sorry i don't know what the site was b/c kudos to the person who put this on it.
- 1 (15 ml) package fast rising yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons melted margarine
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄8 cups hot water
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 4 slices ham or 4 slices black forest ham or 4 slices honey-roasted ham (works best)
- Place flour in large bowl, add salt, sugar and yeast.
- In another bowl measure hot water, add marg.
- Stir tog till marg is melted.
- Add liquid ingred's to dry ingred's then add beaten egg.
- Mix until moistened.
- Using hands, mix dough in bowl.
- Continue kneading for 5 minutes.
- Shape dough into a ball, place in a greased bowl.
- Cover with a damp cloth and then a clean, dry cloth and put in a warm place until it doubles in size, approximately 1 hours.
- After it has doubled in size:.
- Roll dough out into a 10" by 15" rectangle.
- Place ham down middle of dough overlapping them slightly.
- Sprinkle 3/4 of the cheese over all of the dough.
- Roll like a jellyroll.
- Cut into 1" slices, place in a greased cake pan, cut side down.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top of buns.
- Put in a warm spot till double in size.
- Bake for approximately 15-20 mins at 375 degrees F.
- Tip pan over and let buns fall onto a plate.
These are yummy! I had to add a little bit more flour than stated to get the flour consistency correct. I also had no fast rising yeast so I just used bread machine yeast. I made two batches, one batch in a pyrex dish and one batch on a pizza stone. Both were good but I preferred the ones that were baked in pyrex because they were nice and soft. I also cut some of the dough into breadsticks and they were great too. Thanks for the wonderful recipe I will definitely be making it again.
Very good!!! A dough recipy that is easy, and actually rises!!!
I never write reviews, but these buns were sooo good, I had to. Thank you hotmomma! I agree with previous reviewer, the possibilites are endless