Recipe by Aroostook
This a wonderful addition to brunch. As with any souffle, once it comes out of the oven, it should be served immediately.
Top Review by Miss Annie
A wonderful additon to any breakfast or brunch. It was light creamy; a wonderful texture and taste. I used maple flavored sausage, and the last of my garden chives. I will be making this dish again, using the green onions next time. Thanks so much for sharing a recipe that is really good.
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking grits
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups water
- 2⁄3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped ham or 1⁄2 cup crumbled cooked sausage (optional)
- 2 tablespoons minced chives or 2 tablespoons green onion tops
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 egg whites, beaten stiff