Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml quick-cooking hominy grits
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 3.69 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 1 egg
- 354.88 ml buttermilk
- 78.07 ml unsalted butter, melted
- 2.46 ml hot pepper sauce
- 354.88 ml shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 29.58 ml minced fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Grease a 12-cup muffin pan.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, grits, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the sugar, egg, buttermilk, butter, and hot pepper sauce.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just blended.
- Gently fold in 1 cup of the cheese and chives.
- Divide batter equally among prepared muffin cups.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until a pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan on wire rack for 3 minutes, then transfer to rack to cool.