Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A brunch buffet standby, even people who have never had grits and are leery of them will love these.
- 1 cup uncooked white grits
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 3⁄4 cup monterey jack cheese or 3⁄4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook grits according to directions on package.
- Temper eggs with a small amount of hot cooked grits, then add back to remaining grits.
- Combine remaining ingredients with grits & pour into a 2 quart casserole dish. Bake for 45 minutes. Top with additional cheese, if desired.
I wish I wasn't the only one in the house that likes grits. Alas, I am and this is more than I need to eat, so I did cut the recipe down and they were awesome!! Seasonings and cheese were dead on! Left-overs were just as good. Thanks for posting a nice little recipe that is comfort food at its best! When I make these again (yes, there will be another go), I will make sure to take a picture! PAC Spring 2008