Recipe by ShortyBond
I got this from a Wal-Mart recipe card.
Top Review by LonghornMama
Good stuff! I love grits and the parmesan/cheddar combination adds a new dimension to these. Made this for a buffet brunch and it was enjoyed by all. Would be a great side for dinner as well. I'd put the servings at more like eight. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 4 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bring water and salt to a boil in a large sauce pan; stir in grits. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Add cheeses, milk, butter and red pepper. Add eggs, stir well.
- Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 2-quart casserole dish; sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake for 1 hour or until thoroughly heated and lightly browned. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.