Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Recipe source: Bon Appetit (November 1982)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1⁄4 cup romano cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 1⁄2 quarts freshly popped popcorn
- In a small jar combine first 4 ingredients (salt -oregano)and shake to combine.
- In a large bowl mix cheeses together.
- Add popcorn and seaoning and toss.
This was good, but you need something to get the cheese and spices to "stick" to the popcorn. Either melted butter or butter flavored spray, otherwise it all just falls to the bottom of the bowl. Good flavor combination.
Very tasty popcorn! My DH and I enjoyed it, but the kids didn't--I guess it has a more "mature" flavor! The only problem was that most of the cheese fell to the bottom of the bowl--we just kept scooping it up with our fingers and sprinkling it over the popcorn. Thanks for a new twist on an old favorite!