Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
From the BBC website.... which I ate because this recipe looked so good. They should be back online by now, though. ;o)
For the cheese galette
- 10 ounces plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 pint full-fat milk
For the topping
- 5 1⁄2 ounces blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons white wine
For the balsamic sauce
- 3 1⁄2 fluid ounces red wine
- 2 fluid ounces balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 200C/400°F.
- Place the flour, baking powder and oil into a food processor and blend together.
- Add the milk and blend to form a smooth dough.
- Using a rolling pin on a floured surface, roll the pastry out to 1-inch thickness. Using a plate as a guide, cut out a 8-inch circle and place onto a non-stick baking sheet. Reserve some of the dough for later.
- Using the excess dough, roll eight small balls and place evenly around the outside of the dough circle to decorate.
- Crumble the blue cheese into the circle and drizzle with the white wine.
- Place into the preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until golden and cooked through. Remove from the oven and place on a large warm plate.
- Meanwhile, for the balsamic sauce, place the red wine and balsamic vinegar in a saucepan over a medium heat. Bring to the boil then simmer until the sauce becomes thick and glossy.
- To serve, pour the balsamic sauce around the cheese galette.