Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is from the Foodcourt column, Weekend on 'Snack-time specials'. A good appetiser for cheese lovers!
- 150 g mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 -3 green chilies, washed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder
- oil, to deep fry
- Warm the milk in a skillet.
- Slowly mix in the flour.
- Add butter or margarine.
- Keep stirring on low flame until well combined.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the cheese, green chillies, beaten egg, mint leaves, red chilli powder and salt.
- Mix well and allow to cool.
- Divide the mixture into small marble sized equal balls.
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Deep-fry the prepared marble sized balls in the hot oil.
- Drain on clean paper kitchen napkins.
- Arrange on a serving platter.
- Serve with toothpicks stuck into each ball.
- This goes well with Heinz Tomato Ketchup or a chutney.