Prep 25 mins
Cook 12 mins
These crisp and spicy deep-fried cheese puffs are the perfect accompaniments to cocktails. From the R.S.V.P. section of a May 1986 Bon Appetit magazine. It was requested from the Sundancer restaurant in Jackson, Mississippi.
- 7 eggs
- 6 ounces freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 5 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 5 ounces swiss cheese, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1⁄4 cup cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons dried red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- oil (for deep frying)
- Heat oil in deep fryer to 375 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients except flour in large bowl and mix well; stir in flour.
- Lower batter into oil by tablespoons in batches (do not crowd) and fry until golden brown, turning frequently, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove using slotted spoon and drain well on paper towels.
- Serve fritters immediately.