Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
If you ever have the opportunity to eat at the Training Table in Salt Lake City, ordering their famous Cheese Fries with Ultimate Dipping Sauce is a must! There is nothing complicated about the recipe; all you need is piping hot french fries, shredded cheddar cheese, a really good hickory flavoured BBQ sauce and mayo.
- Heat approximately 3 or 4 inches of oil in a deep fat fryer to 370 degrees F.
- While the oil is heating, peel potatoes and cut into strips using a French fry cutter.
- Place potato strips in ice water to remove excess starch.
- Completely dry potato strips using paper towels.
- Divide potatoes into two batches.
- Fry each batch in hot oil until golden brown; approximately 5 to 6 minutes/batch.
- While the French fries are cooking, make the Ultimate Dipping Sauce by pouring the mayonnaise on one side of a small serving bowl and the BBQ sauce on the other side of the serving bowl. DO NOT mix the mayonnaise and the BBQ sauce; mixing it with the French fries is part of the experience.
- Remove cooked fries with a slotted spoon and place on paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Remove paper towel from plate.
- Sprinkle grated cheddar cheese on piping hot French fries.
- Serve immediately, but allow the cheese to melt before serving. You may want to place under the broiler for a minute - just until the cheese melts; DO NOT let the cheese bubble and crust over!
- Dip the cheese fries into the Ultimate Dipping Sauce making sure you get a little bit of mayonnaise and a little bit of the hickory flavoured BBQ sauce.
Made for Spring PAC 2010 & I hope you do not mind the liberties I took w/your recipe. My version was not Training Table authentic, but I wanted the taste experience w/less fat. That process also simplified the prep. I used oven-ready Texas steak fries & dusted them w/your Cajun Dynamite Dust (pun intended) for the kick we like. After baking, it was a snap to add the cheese & assemble w/the combo sauce. The real deal must be fantastic cuz this was yummy good. Thx for sharing this recipe w/us. :-)