1/1 Photo of Cheese Fries With Ultimate Dipping Sauce
Southern Polar Bear's Note:
If you ever have the opportunity to eat at the Training Table in Salt Lake City, ordering their famous Cheese Fries with Ultimate Dipping Sauce is a must! There is nothing complicated about the recipe; all you need is piping hot french fries, shredded cheddar cheese, a really good hickory flavoured BBQ sauce and mayo.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat approximately 3 or 4 inches of oil in a deep fat fryer to 370 degrees F.
- 2While the oil is heating, peel potatoes and cut into strips using a French fry cutter.
- 3Place potato strips in ice water to remove excess starch.
- 4Completely dry potato strips using paper towels.
- 5Divide potatoes into two batches.
- 6Fry each batch in hot oil until golden brown; approximately 5 to 6 minutes/batch.
- 7While the French fries are cooking, make the Ultimate Dipping Sauce by pouring the mayonnaise on one side of a small serving bowl and the BBQ sauce on the other side of the serving bowl. DO NOT mix the mayonnaise and the BBQ sauce; mixing it with the French fries is part of the experience.
- 8Remove cooked fries with a slotted spoon and place on paper towel to remove excess oil.
- 9Remove paper towel from plate.
- 10Sprinkle grated cheddar cheese on piping hot French fries.
- 11Serve immediately, but allow the cheese to melt before serving. You may want to place under the broiler for a minute - just until the cheese melts; DO NOT let the cheese bubble and crust over!
- 12Dip the cheese fries into the Ultimate Dipping Sauce making sure you get a little bit of mayonnaise and a little bit of the hickory flavoured BBQ sauce.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese Fries With Ultimate Dipping Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 345.9
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 33.4 mg
- Sodium 293.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 11.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mesquite barbecue sauce