If you ever have the opportunity to eat at the Training Table in Salt Lake City, ordering their famous Cheese Fries with Ultimate Dipping Sauce is a must! There is nothing complicated about the recipe; all you need is piping hot french fries, shredded cheddar cheese, a really good hickory flavoured BBQ sauce and mayo.
- Heat approximately 3 or 4 inches of oil in a deep fat fryer to 370 degrees F.
- While the oil is heating, peel potatoes and cut into strips using a French fry cutter.
- Place potato strips in ice water to remove excess starch.
- Completely dry potato strips using paper towels.
- Divide potatoes into two batches.
- Fry each batch in hot oil until golden brown; approximately 5 to 6 minutes/batch.
- While the French fries are cooking, make the Ultimate Dipping Sauce by pouring the mayonnaise on one side of a small serving bowl and the BBQ sauce on the other side of the serving bowl. DO NOT mix the mayonnaise and the BBQ sauce; mixing it with the French fries is part of the experience.
- Remove cooked fries with a slotted spoon and place on paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Remove paper towel from plate.
- Sprinkle grated cheddar cheese on piping hot French fries.
- Serve immediately, but allow the cheese to melt before serving. You may want to place under the broiler for a minute - just until the cheese melts; DO NOT let the cheese bubble and crust over!
- Dip the cheese fries into the Ultimate Dipping Sauce making sure you get a little bit of mayonnaise and a little bit of the hickory flavoured BBQ sauce.
Made for Spring PAC 2010 & I hope you do not mind the liberties I took w/your recipe. My version was not Training Table authentic, but I wanted the taste experience w/less fat. That process also simplified the prep. I used oven-ready Texas steak fries & dusted them w/your Cajun Dynamite Dust (pun intended) for the kick we like. After baking, it was a snap to add the cheese & assemble w/the combo sauce. The real deal must be fantastic cuz this was yummy good. Thx for sharing this recipe w/us. :-)