Recipe by sheila
These are very good and easy to make. They are very tasty.
Top Review by JustJanS
Sorry Sheila, but this didn't work for us. I cut the potatoes into 1cm dice, and when we added them the salt and garlic powder to the pan and covered them, they stuck like crazy to the bottom of the pan. They took longer to cook, and we really didn't enjoy them for some reason. I wonder if steaming or microwaving the potatoes before adding the onions and other flavourings would help?
- 1 lb diced potato
- 3 tablespoons oleo
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small onion, thinly slice then cut in half
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In frying pan, put butter or margarine; let butter melt then layer potatoes. Season with salt, garlic powder and pepper.
- Cook 8 minutes with pan covered, stirring now and then on medium heat.
- Add onions and cook uncovered for 8 minutes or until potatoes are tender, turning frequently.
- Just as you take it off the stove, add 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.