1/1 Photo of Cheese Fondue (Tyler Florence)
I know that Fondue orginated from the Swiss, but this recipe was listed under Scandanavian at the other site when I used "scandanavian" as a search word. Either way, it sounds delish! I think I will add one more clove of garlic since we are such garlic fiends. From Food Network, Tyler Florence. Posted for ZWT 2010.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small bowl, coat the cheeses with cornstarch and set aside.
- 2Rub the inside of the ceramic fondue pot with the garlic, then discard.
- 3Over medium heat, add the wine and lemon juice and bring to a gentle simmer.
- 4Gradually stir the cheese into the simmering liquid. Melting the cheese gradually encourages a smooth fondue. Once smooth, stir in cherry brandy, mustard and nutmeg.
- 5Arrange an assortment of bite-sized dipping foods around fondue pot.
- 6Serve with chunks of French and pumpernickel breads.
- 7Some other suggestions are Granny Smith apples and blanched vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and asparagus.
- 8Spear with fondue forks or wooden skewers, dip, swirl and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese Fondue (Tyler Florence)
Serving Size: 1 (120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 517.8
- Calories from Fat 308
- Total Fat 34.2 g
- Saturated Fat 20.8 g
- Cholesterol 114.5 mg
- Sodium 302.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 32.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: