Recipe by joan in CNY
This makes a great appetizer, especially at Holiday Time.
Top Review by A la Carte
This was a great fondue recipe and everyone raved about it! The only complaint I have is that I went against better judgement and didn't double the recipe. I served with bread cubes and with roasted broccoli. Delicious!
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise (I use Kraft)
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- bread, cut into bite size pieces (French, Italian, Rye or any of your choice.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix to-gether milk, wine, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, pepper,mayo and cheese in the top of a 2 quart double boiler over simmering water.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and mixture is hot.
- Pour into fondue pot or chafing dish.
- Place chunks of bread on fondue forks or wooden picks and dip in!
- Makes 2 cups.