Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Fondue is back!....wonderful idea for a Saturday night get-together with friends.....This cheese sauce is so good!
Top Review by LoydaP
Excellent recipe! I have never been successful at keeping the cheese from clumping- until now! It was an adventure to find Kirsch, even in a big city like Chicago but the results were wonderful. I cooked everything on the stovetop. Next time, I'll let it simmer for longer before serving, as when I served it the wine was overwhelming and the cheese thin. After simmering some time in the fondue pot, the balance in taste and consistency were perfect!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs swiss cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 cups dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup kirsch liqueur
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash nutmeg
- fresh ground pepper
- French bread, cut into 1 in chunks
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cheese and flour.
- Rub bottom and sides of a 2-qt micosafe casserole with a clove of garlic.
- Discard garlic clove.
- Add wine, Kirsh and lemon juice.
- Microwave 6-7 mins, just until bubbles start to appear; DO NOT BOIL.
- Stir in cheese and seasonings, microwave, uncovered 2-3 mins longer until smooth, whisking every 2 mins.
- Transfer to a fondue pot, or a round casserole dish.
- Serve with chunks of French bread to dip in cheese mixture.
- Note: Leftover fondue makes a delicious topping for boiled or baked potatoes, cauliflower or brocolli, also any leftover sauce can be frozen; just thaw at room temp then heat.