1/2 Photos of Cheese Fondue
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 garlic clove, halved crosswise
- 1 1/2 cups dry white wine (preferably Swiss, such as Fendant)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons kirsch
- 1/2 lb emmenthaler cheese, coarsely grated (2 cups)
- 1/2 lb gruyere, coarsely grated (2 cups)
- cubes French bread, on fondue forks or long wooden skewer
- 1Rub inside of a 4-quart heavy pot with cut sides of garlic, then discard garlic.
- 2Add wine to pot and bring just to a simmer over moderate heat.
- 3Stir together cornstarch and kirsch in a cup.
- 4Gradually add cheese to pot and cook, stirring constantly in a zigzag pattern (not a circular motion) to prevent cheese from balling up, until cheese is just melted and creamy (do not let boil).
- 5Stir cornstarch mixture again and stir into fondue.
- 6Bring fondue to a simmer and cook, stirring, until thickened, 5 to 8 minutes.
- 7Transfer to fondue pot set over a flame and serve with bread for dipping.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese Fondue
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.9
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 41.7 mg
- Sodium 130.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 11.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: