- 1 garlic clove
- 350 g gruyere cheese, grated
- 375 g cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups white wine
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 3 tablespoons kirsch liqueur (or dry vermouth)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the garlic clove in half and rub around inside of fondue pot with it.
- Add wine and heat to boiling point.
- Add grated cheeses gradually stirring continuously until cheese melts and mixes.
- Blend the kirsh with the cornflour and then add to the cheese mixture.
- Continue to cook until mixture thickens (3-4 minutes) stir in a figure 8 motion to prevent burning.
- Add a sprinky of paprika and serve with crusty french bread or toast.