- 1 garlic clove, cut into halves
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 -4 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups swiss cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons kirsch
- 1 loaf French bread
- 3 green apples
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub cut clove of garlic on bottom and side of fondue dish or heavy skillet. Add wine, heat over low heat until bubbles rise to surface (do not let wine boil). Stir in lemon juice.
- Sprinkle flour over cheese, toss until cheese is coated. Add cheese a half cup at a time to the wine, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until all cheese is melted.
- Stir in kirsch, add salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste. Keep warm over low heat.
- Cut bread and apples into chunks, dip in fondue and enjoy!