Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Get back to the 70's! I haven't included what to use for dunking as everyone like different things. If you are stuck, then the following works well: baked new potatoes, bread cubes, chunks of lightly steamed veg, chunky pasta or cubes of cooked meat.
- 500 ml milk
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon vegetarian worcestershire sauce
- 450 g grated cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon English mustard powder
- Heat all liquids in a pan until warm and then add the other ingredients.
- Stir until melted.
- Serve in a big bowl with things to dunk in!
This just didn't work very well, and ended up with an overwhelming flour flavor.
Tried this recipe for New Year's Eve 2006 (last night!) and it was really good. We served it with steamed broccoli, cauliflower and carrots, as well as pumpernickel and sourdough bread pieces.