3 hrs 15 mins
recipe by Flo Braker. This is a cross between a custard and a cheesecake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
- 2Melt the sugar in a saucepan over medium-high heat and cook until it turns into a smooth dark amber caramel.
- 3Pour into the bottom of an 8-inch souffle dish or other round mold.
- 4Using the back of a knife, scrape the seeds from the vanilla bean and add to a blender.
- 5Add the three milks, eggs, cream cheese and almond extract.
- 6Blend until smooth, then pour through a strainer into the caramel-lined mold.
- 7Set the mold into a larger baking pan and pour enough very hot water into the pan to come halfway up the sides of the mold.
- 8Bake until the flan has set, 2 1/2-3 hours-- a toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean.
- 9Let cool, then cover the mold and refrigerate overnight.
- 10When you are ready to serve, run a knife along the inside of the mold to loosen the flan.
- 11Pour about 1/2 inch of hot water in a pan large enough to hold the mold and set the mold in it for 10 minutes, so it will unmold more easily.
- 12Remove it from the water, wipe dry and place a shallow bowl or a small platter over the top.
- 13Invert the flan into the bowl, and serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese Flan
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 446.6
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 169.5 mg
- Sodium 229.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 54.9 g
- Protein 13.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: