Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Sometimes needing something quick for dinner with nothing particular in mind ends up being phenomenal! This is one of those "made up at the last minute" dishes that turned out to be a favorite. The recipe posted can also be changed to use Knorr Garlic Herb sauce mix instead of Parma Rosa.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 12 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 (12 ounce) packageof fresh spinach and cheese tortellini
- 2 (1 1/3 ounce) packages Knorr parma rosa sauce mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- parmesan cheese, to sprinkle over finished dish
- In a large saucepan, heat 4 quarts of water to boil.
- In a frying pan, heat olive oil and butter over medium heat. Saute shallots and mushrooms for 5 minutes and then add chicken breasts to brown. Cook 15-20 minutes, depending on thickness of chicken breasts.
- While chicken cooks, empty packets of Parma Rosa Sauce mix or Garlic Herb Sauce mix into a small saucepan and whisk in 2 cups of skim milk and 1/2 c of fat free half-n-half. Add 2 T butter. Bring to boil, stirring often, and then reduce heat.
- When chicken is nearly cooked through, place tortellini into boiling water and cook for 7-9 minutes.
- To serve, drain tortellini and place into a pasta serving bowl. Slice chicken breasts on the diagonal and place chicken and the mushroom/shallot mixture over the tortellini. Ladle sauce over the top and sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan.