Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
An excellent choice for a fall or winter breakfast or snack.
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, cut into cubes
- In a large bowl mix flour, sugar, pecans, pumpkin-pie spice, baking powder and salt.
- In a small bowl mix eggs, pumpkin, sour cream and melted butter.
- Add to flour mixture. Stir until blended only.
- Fill greased muffin tins half full. Place cream cheese cube in the middle and top with more batter.
- Bake approximately 20 minutes in a 400º oven.
Made these after Thanksgiving with leftover pumpkin. Omitted pecans. Very easy to make, taste delicious. My daughter (a teacher) brought a dozen to the secretaries at school. They were stunned by the orange colour but devoured them in minutes. Glad I made an extra batch. They lasted one day at home.