Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is from Eileen M. Watson, Bake-Off® Contest 37, 1996
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (16 1/3 ounce) package refrigerated biscuits (Home Style or Buttermilk Biscuits Pillsbury Grands Refrigerated)
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Lightly grease two 9x5 or 8x4-inch loaf pans.
- In small bowl, combine Parmesan cheese and walnuts; mix well.
- In another small bowl, combine cream cheese, basil and garlic; mix well.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon cream cheese mixture on half of each biscuit.
- Fold biscuit over cream cheese; press edges to seal.
- Dip each biscuit in melted butter; coat with cheese-walnut mixture.
- Arrange 4 biscuits, seam side down, in each greased pan.
- Drizzle any remaining butter over biscuits; sprinkle with any remaining cheese mixture.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Immediately remove from pan.
- Serve warm. Store in refrigerator.
Excellent recipie everyone loved it in my picky family including my toddler!