Prep 35 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
"My mother's meatloaf is something special, swirled with a filling of sour cream, cheddar cheese and stuffed olives. It's the perfect centerpiece for Sunday dinner or even a festive occasion."
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup crushed corn flakes
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sliced pimento stuffed olive
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. On a large piece of heavy-duty foil, pat beef mixture into a 14x10 inch rectangle. Spread sour cream to within 1/2 inch of edges. Sprinkle with cheese and olives.
- Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a short side and peeling away foil while rolling. Seal seam and ends. Place seam side down in a greased 13x9x2-inch baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 65-75 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Let meatloaf stand for 10 minutes before slicing.