Recipe by Dawni
This is a twist on the regular old meat loaf. Lower fat and very yummy. I found it in my grandma's old recipe box.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 lbs lean ground turkey
- 8 slices ham (thin slices)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 slices mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 8 ingredients.
- Mix that with the ground turkey.
- On wax paper pat mixture to a 12 by 10 inch rectangle.
- Arrange ham so it covers the mixture.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the rectangle.
- Starting with short end, carefully roll up meat. Don't include the wax paper in the roll, just us the paper to help you roll it.
- Seal edges and ends.
- Place seam side up on 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Bake 90 minutes at 350.
- Top loaf with sliced cheese and cook for 5 more minutes to melt the cheese.