Recipe by Snowyowl/PB
This is from a old box of manicotti and I have used this recipe for about 10 years and am also asked for it. So I thought that all of you would like to have it also. Great to serve with a Caeser Salad and Garlic Bread. So Enjoy
- 14 pieces manicotti, uncooked
- 3 1⁄2 cups ricotta cheese (two 15 oz containers)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1 1⁄2 cups spaghetti sauce (14 oz jar)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain. Lay flat on foil to cool.
- Meanwhile in large bowl, stir together ricotta cheese, 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, eggs, parsley and seasonings. Spoon about 1/3 cup cheese mixture into each pasta tube.
- Place into a 13 x 9 baking pan that has been sprayed with cooking oil.
- Pour spaghetti sauce over filled pasta. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Cover with non-stick foil.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until hot and bubbly.