Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a quick and easy appetizer, but would also be good as a side dish.
- 8 small red potatoes, unpeeled
- 1⁄3 cup plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise. Using the small side of a melon ball scoop, cut a ball out of the center of each potato half.
- Slice a very thin sliver off the bottom of each potato to keep them from rolling around in the pan. Place potatoes on baking sheet, skin-side down, and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake uncovered 30-35 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- While potatoes are baking, combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- When potatoes are tender, remove from oven and set the oven to broil. Fill the hole in each potato with yogurt mixture. Place potatoes under the broiler for a few minutes, until cheese is hot and begins to brown.
Really great appetizers! I used fingerlings, although in hindsight, the elongated shape is interesting but perhaps the rounder shape is prettier? I pressed the garlic as crushing it did not seem as mixable. Made for Aussie Kiwi Recipe Swap #71.
Within the next couple of weeks I'll be hosting one of several monthly groups & I made these up as a test-run for that event! I needn't have been concerned about testing them ~ They're GREAT little treats that will be a wonderful enhancement to my finger food counter! Served as a side dish this 1st time around, though! Definitely a keeper of a recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in the current Pick A Chef event]
What a treat these were! I prepared this dish as a "make-ahead" appetizer, putting everything together early in the day and then placing it in the fridge. Just before dinner, I popped the potatoes in the oven and they came out perfectly. I sauteed the garlic for 2 minutes to make the garlic taste a little sweeter, and added it to the yogurt mixture when it had cooled a bit. I also sprinkled the potatoes with a little salt when they came out of the oven. These were really delicious and enjoyed by all.