1/1 Photo of Cheese Filled Jumbo Shells
1 hr 5 mins
I took a recipe of mine and revamped it. I don't remember where the original recipe came from because it is so old that is yellowed:) My DH, DD and grandsons just loved it. When I use my glass 13 x 9 x 2 pan, all the shells with not fit and I have a few left. I stuff each shell one at a time and put them in the pan as I go.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Cooks shells according to package directions.
- 3Drain well. Rinse in cold water. Cool in a single layer on wax paper or greased aluminum foil to prevent sticking together.
- 4Mix together cheeses, eggs, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper.
- 5Fill each shell with about 2 tablespoons cheese mixture.
- 6Spread thin layer of sauce on bottom of 13 x 9 x 2 pan.
- 7Place the shells open side down, in a single layer in pan.
- 8Cover with about 2 cups of sauce.
- 9Sprinkle with additional parmesan cheese.
- 10Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- 11Heat remaining sauce to serve with shells for those who like more sauce.
Browse Our Top Pasta Shells Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese Filled Jumbo Shells
Serving Size: 1 (383 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 852.2
- Calories from Fat 392
- Total Fat 43.6 g
- Saturated Fat 24.4 g
- Cholesterol 233.9 mg
- Sodium 1564.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 16.7 g
- Protein 46.3 g