1/1 Photo of Cheese Filled Jumbo Shells
1 hr 5 mins
Miss Tinkerbell's Note:
I got this recipe off the package of San Giorgio Jumbo Shells box. Tried it tonight, tastes great!! Cooking time includes pasta cooking time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (12 ounce) package jumbo pasta shells
- 4 cups ricotta cheese (I used light and still tastes great)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded (I used a tomato mozarella cheese for something different)
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups spaghetti sauce (I used the same amount of tomato sauce and added tomato paste to thicken it up, and added seasonings)
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 2Combine cheeses, eggs, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper.
- 3Fill each pasta shell with about 2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture.
- 4Spread a thin layer of sauce on bottom of a 13x9 inch baking pan.
- 5Place pasta in the pan; cover with remaining sauce.
- 6Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- 7Cover with aluminum foil.
- 8Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 35 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese Filled Jumbo Shells
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 453.1
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 131.0 mg
- Sodium 635.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 25.9 g