I got this recipe off the package of San Giorgio Jumbo Shells box. Tried it tonight, tastes great!! Cooking time includes pasta cooking time.
- 1 (12 ounce) package jumbo pasta shells
- 4 cups ricotta cheese (I used light and still tastes great)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded (I used a tomato mozarella cheese for something different)
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups spaghetti sauce (I used the same amount of tomato sauce and added tomato paste to thicken it up, and added seasonings)
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Combine cheeses, eggs, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Fill each pasta shell with about 2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture.
- Spread a thin layer of sauce on bottom of a 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Place pasta in the pan; cover with remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 35 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
This was excellent. and easy to make. will be making again thanks
Made these ahead in the weeks before my baby was due. Super simple and delicious- even from the freezer. Thanks!
This is one of my DD favorite recipes as she does not like meat. My recipe only calls for 2 cups sauce but other than that it is the same. I have had the recipe so long, I don't even remember where I got it. Great meal. Thanks for posting.