Recipe by wizkid
This is my adaptation of a recipie that came from a barbeque book many years ago. I can't remember the book, but I make these for nearly every barbeque we have (and we have a lot)
Top Review by Mommy Greenest
For some reason we didn't find these to have a lot of flavor. I followed the recipe exactly and used the cheddar and onion filling. I think the burger itself may have needed a little extra spice or maybe some BBQ sauce...sorry...
- 1 lb lean beef mince
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 ounces mature cheddar cheese, grated
- finely chopped up onion
- 4 ounces blue cheese
- 2 ounces of finely chopped walnuts
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese
- 2 ounces of finely chopped jalapeno peppers
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the top five ingredients together in one bowl.
- Mix the last two ingredients together in another bowl.
- Form them into four balls.
- Put a deep well into each of the four balls of meat, and place a ball of grated cheese and chopped onion into that well.
- Carefully cover the cheese and onion with the meat,.
- then carefully flatten the burgers, until they are about 1/2" thick.
- Then put them in the freezer for approximately 1 hour before you cook them (this ensures they do not fall apart when you cook them).
- Then cook them on the barbeque or in the frying pan.