1 hr 25 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 0.5 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 green onions, minced
- 0.5 (4 ounce) can green chilies, diced, drained
- 1 3/4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red pepper, crushed
- 1For sauce: Cook spinach according to package instructions.
- 2Drain well.
- 3Set aside. Melt butter in heavy medium skillet over medium heat. Add flour and stir mixture 2 minutes; do not brown.
- 4Gradually whisk in whipping cream and milk.
- 5Simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- 6Stir in spinach, cilantro, green onion, chilies, cumin, coriander and red pepper.
- 7Puree in batches in processor until almost smooth.
- 8Season with salt and pepper.
- 9(Can be prepared 1 day ahead.
- 10Cover and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before using.) For enchiladas: Heat oil in heavy small skillet over medium-high heat. Using tongs, briefly dip each tortilla in oil to soften, about 15 seconds per side. Transfer to paper towels and drain.
- 11Combine cheeses in large bowl; set aside 1 1/2 cups for topping.
- 12Combine onion and cilantro in small bowl.
- 13Place 1/4 cup cheese mixture in center of 1 tortilla.
- 14Spoon 2 teaspoons onion mixture over.
- 15Roll up tortilla.
- 16Pla ce seam side down in large glass baking dish.
- 17Repeat with remaining tortillas, cheese and onion, using 1/4 cup cheese for each.
- 18(Can be made 1 day ahead.
- 19Cover and chill.) Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 20Stir sour cream into sauce; pour over enchiladas.
- 21Sprinkle with reserved 1 1/2 cups cheese. Bake until cheese melts and enchiladas are heated through, about 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese Enchiladas With Green Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (312 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 842.7
- Calories from Fat 621
- Total Fat 69.1 g
- Saturated Fat 33.3 g
- Cholesterol 159.5 mg
- Sodium 614.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 28.0 g