Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
Authentic flavor! we like to smother a plateful with shredded lettuce & chopped tomatoes,then throw on some jalapeno slices. You'll need a couple of ice cold ones to drink with them.
- 1 clove garlic
- 1⁄2 medium onion, grated
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon mexican chocolate (DO NOT SUBSTITUTE)
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- corn tortilla (NOT flour)
- 4 cups shredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- saute garlic until soft.
- Add flour& chili powder to make a roux.
- Add water, mexican chocolate,& bouillon.
- Bring to boil; trun down heat& simmer 3-4 minutes.
- Dip each tortilla in hot oil to soften.
- Mix grated onion with cheeses.
- Place 1 TBSP cheese in tortilla& roll.
- Place seam down in greased baking dish.
- After dish is filled, spoon sauce over all.
- Sprinkle with chopped onion and more cheese.
- Bake@ 350 for 20-30 minutes.